How do I ask add tasks via email?
t's easy to send new tasks to Planscope from your inbox.
To get started, you're going to need to grab the email address for your project. You can do that by clicking on the "Manage" tab. You'll see below the list of members on the project an email address. Copy that to your Address Book (or click the "Email" link to kick off a new email to that address.):
- Task Name - The subject of your email will be the name of the task. Note: We'll strip out Fwd: or Re: from the front of your email.
- Description - The description of the task will be the contents of your email after any metadata (read below to figure out what that means.)
- Assignee - To assign a task to someone on your team, CC their email address.
- Estimate - We look for metadata at the beginning of the email. If you want to estimate this new task at 1.25 hours, make the first line of the email
- Task Group - To add your new task to a task group, you can add the
@group(they're identical) flags followed by the first few characters of the task group. If you had a group titled "Billing System", you would add
@grp Billing Systemif you're into verbosity.)
- Position - By default, all new tasks will be added to the bottom of your project's backlog. If you'd like to add it to the top of the list, include